Also, as seen on MO5.COM, an unfinished PC version already exists : EON released in 2014 by François « Wonderboy Bobi » Perez (Aggelos). And an Amiga port is being written by a spanish team : AmigaWave.
Fresh Amstrad CPC, PCW, Notepad NC100 NC150 NC200 and PDA600 news
Latest Youtube Videos :
I dont know if it is possible to use Amstrad CPC+ cartridges on a Raspberry PI, but I certainly know that it is possible with MSX cartridges and this cheap computer, with the BlueBerryMSX or OpenMSX emulators.
Well, maybe I will give an idea to someone ?
The M4 Board which let you add wifi on your Amstrad CPC just got another firmware v2.0.5 beta 11.
This version corrects the loading of CPC+ cartridges which was broken by a previous beta.
The new version of M4FE v1.9.9, a frontend for the wifi M4 board by Abalone is available. It needs at least v2.0.5b8 firmware of the M4 wifi board for the support of long file names.
The M4 Board which let you add wifi on your Amstrad CPC just got another firmware v2.0.5 beta 10.
It adds the ability to launch hack menu via external button. It requires soldering two wires to the M4 PCB (the wifi module).
If you are happy not using Hack Menu or just launching it from the WEB interface, no reason to make this modification. If you decide to solder on the switch, be aware it is at your OWN risk.
Be careful not to short the wires to the metal housing of the ESP12F module. I recommend to isolate the wires at the resistor and button to avoid an accidental short.
What could you do if you had a spare PCW 8256 main board ? You could put it in a case like Sebastian Blanco did, see below.
The M4 Board which let you add wifi on your Amstrad CPC just got another firmware v2.0.5 beta 9 :
- Fix Hack menu - Flaw in IM 2 detection
- Fix Hack menu - Resume "some games" (Pinball Fantasies, atleast on my one CPC)
- Added Hack menu - AZERTY keyboard support (Huge thanks to @dxs for the painful keymap table! And thanks to @ZbyniuR for the keyboard detection method)
The new version of M4FE v1.9.8, a frontend for the wifi M4 board by Abalone is available. It needs the last firmware for the M4 : v2.0.5b8 for the support of long file names.
The M4 Board which let you add wifi on your Amstrad CPC just got another firmware v2.0.5 beta 8 :
- Fix DSK file size 0 bug
- Fix |longname / C_FSTAT bug, now (again) displaying long filenames properly
- Fix Hack menu - Slowdown keyboard reading
- Added Hack menu - Support full keyboard character set (QWERTY only for now)
- Added Hack menu - Pokes (Press ESC when done entering pokes)
- Added Hack menu - Display memory
CP/M Box by Habi Soft, an Amstrad PCW emulator, is available in version 1.8, with a lot of new things : new video system (with color support), new languages system, actions, video recording, a new better debugger, more hardware options, light pens, mass storage, test PCBs, fast loading, keyboard redefinition...
The last version of RASM is v0.105 (2nd January 2019). This multi platform assembler/disassembler (linux, windows, but not only like MorphOS on Amiga) let you program for Amstrad CPC.
The online documentation is available.
- do not allow CALL (IX) or CALL (IY) syntax
- added comments begining with //
- added SIZEOF support for fields of structures
- new directive TICKER to count instruction duration
The M4 Board which let you add wifi on your Amstrad CPC just got another firmware v2.0.5 beta 7 : monitor and snapshots !
I wish you all and also to your loved ones a happy new year 2019, good health, and long life to our Amstrad CPC, PCW, NC...