Fresh Amstrad CPC, PCW, Notepad NC100 NC150 NC200 and PDA600 news
And a few minutes after, it's the turn of Metr81 for a longplay video of El Tesoro de Cuauhtemoc.
The Amstrad CPC 464 tape version of Ghostbusters has an ugly bug at the end of the game. And they are other bugs earlier : flickering, lack of on-screen activity, slowdown. But it is possible to avoid the bug if you choose the PK energy detector as the first object when you equip your car. Take another object, and you will get the bug.
Today, he is working on Pentomino, a reflexion game of course.
In this 64 Kb Amstrad CPC game, there are no less than 464 levels of puzzles with several songs to listen to. After seing the video, you will really have to use your brain in turbo mode to solve them all... It will be available for Easter.
Battle Princess Madelyn by Causal Bit Games is more a remake of Ghouls 'n Ghosts than Sigi, nice looking too. It will available at the end of this year normally for PC (Steam) and cosoles (Nintendo Wii U, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch).
Xyphoe is playing Galaxy Force, a Sega arcade game in 1988, converted on Amstrad CPC in 1989. You knows After Burner, then warp it in the future with aliens and you get Galaxy Force, a shoot them up which is a good port of the arcade game. Xyhpoe tests first the arcade game then starting 7 minutes 6 seconds the Amstrad CPC version.
The colors of the Amstrad CPC loading screen are really those just below...
Well CPC 4 Ever was an april fool. I fell for it nicely.
You still got the Amstrad CPC music announced on the site above played nicely on piano (done in two nights).
The game this time is an adventure graphic game in french, written in basic (hard to play without reading the listing) : Adventure 2 ou l'accusation. There is no relation to Adventure 1 ou la grotte also by Ludovic MABILLOT (Ludo's Software Distribution). JB le Daron prefered the first game to the second.
El Tesoro Perdido de Cuauhtemoc by 4Mhz is available since today as a download as disk, tape and mass storage. Run Forest run !
New version of the Amstrad CPC core for MiST by Renaud Helias is available.
- TV mode using VSYNC/HSYNC xor and Gerald VSYNC/HSYNC width formula
- This version was realised with atari forum team, testing several experimental forks
- It does output 15kHz original signal on SCART. Do use mist.ini scandoubler_disable=1 (see http://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki/DocIni)
- sorry FDC work will be for a next time : my r005.8.15 candidate version does fail 80% of arnoldemu FDC testbench...
For old timers, very very old in case of Sapiens, I want to remind you that the original authors of the game Didier and Olivier Guillion have written a windows VGA remake of Sapiens. The game is a shareware for only 10 €.
The original music was written by Gilles Soulet, here are 2 remix of the music on Youtube :
- Sapiens - Atari ST, midi music for monotimbral synths (Yamaha MU1000 with DX)
- Sapiens Main Theme Remix
The Amstrad CPC original music of Sapiens is of course also available on youtube.
SPOILER ALERT : it's an april fool !
I knew JB le Daron as a youtubber, I discover today that he isnt just that, but also a musician.
CPC 4 Ever is his project : the best musical themes of your favourites Amstrad CPC games are remixed, with piano for example. There are already 5 tunes available on the site. Personnaly I like them very much and is awaiting for more ! See you on Twitch the 4th April at 22:00.
Often in games, the music is either written by Tom et Jerry or McKlain.
For the music of El Tesoro Perdido de Cuauhtemoc by 4Mhz, it's the turn of McKlain (listen to the music on Soundcloud).
Some parts of the music makes me think of elite's music.
Gnarz's modification features :
- removed the vgalib and terminal versions
- made the gtk version compile with GTK+ 2.0
- made the sdl version compile with SDL2
- made the menu key available on modern keyboards emulate the NCs menu key
- changed the serial port emulation to allow it to use devices other than stdin/stdout. For example, the command socat -d -d PTY,raw,echo=0 PTY,raw,echo=0 creates a nice serial device emulator, whose ends are output by the command. You can specify the open end with -s, and use the other end with cat or sx or what have you... stdin/stdout is still available by passing - as an arg to -s
- some cleanups in the Makefile
- added ncconvert
Back to commercial games Xyphoe is showing Thunder Blade, an arcade game by Sega in 1987, converted on Amstrad CPC in 1988. It's a game with 2 phases, either a vertical shoot them up game or with thir person view, piloting a helicopter. Xyhpoe first tests the arcade original game, then the Amstrad CPC version at 5 minutes 30 seconds.