Fresh Amstrad CPC, PCW, Notepad NC100 NC150 NC200 and PDA600 news
Latest Youtube Videos :
April Fool ALERT, April Fool ALERT
I have received the same email than Markus Hohmann as he announced it on Facebook.
So Alan Michael Sugar is asking to remove all ROMs of the Amstrad CPC firmware for a copyright reason as an Amstrad CPC mini will see the light later this year.
I was waiting for such a beast, but I didnt think about possible consequences. Though I will respect what he is asking as I have never wanted to put illegal programs on this web site.
A new version of CPChessNet (v1.7b) by Joseman is available to play chess on internet with your Amstrad CPC and the wifi card M4 Board (by Duke).
CubeIOS is out, but AST is still working on his ACMEDOS replacement : IMPDOS for the mass storage extension card XMASS.
A new version of YANCC (Yet Another Norton Command Clone) is available (130318b). It's a text interface to manage your files on the X-Mass and the AcmeDOS ROM with an interface which looks like norton commander or midnight commander).
- Fixed Unwanted starts of YANCC during Warm-Reset (e. g. Monty on the Run)
- In rare circumstances, some files are copied empty.
- In rare circumstances, the ROM-Init of YANCC makes nonsense... (e.g. in "12 Lost Souls")
- CubeIOS bugfix
It's this new version which is needed if you want to use the new ROM CubeIOS which replaces ACMEDOS.
The XMASS mass storage extension card can now be used with another ROM, that is CubeIOS :
- Detect (nearly) all Fat16+Fat32-Partitions on your CF-Card, DOM, etc. (1st Partition please). Prefered is Fat32 (should be faster with Save-Commands). You can format the media with e.g. Windows and fill it with data.
- Partial longnames.
- the usual RSX like |MD, |RD, |REN,....
- |DIR + |CD accepts wildcards
- Compatibility should be high (i hope so ;) ) - but i'm playing around with a lower-rom-patch to increase compatibility.
The ROM must be placed below AMSDOS and (if used) M4DOS, PARADOS. It's not compatible with ACMEDOS at the same time. YANCC-User should be update to the latest version.
The last version of RASM is v0.77 (31th March 2018) :
- even faster expression calculation
- maxam and AS80 comparison operators are back