Fresh Amstrad CPC, PCW, Notepad NC100 NC150 NC200 and PDA600 news
Latest Youtube Videos :
Classic Adventurer is a newspaper about adventure games which last issue number five is out as a free download or in printed format.
This issue has for example an article about Redhawk which was on ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC and C64 by Melbourne House.
After the release of Arkos Tracker alpha 5 andt 6 by Targhan, it's the turn for the Disark utility.
Disark is a new cross-platform software (for Windows/Linux/MacOsX) developed because it was needed for Arkos Tracker 2, it is a Z80 disassembler/source converter.
Besides the disassembling part, the main goal of Disark is to convert a source into any other assembler's source. For example, AT2 Z80 sources heavily rely on RASM macros, which are not understood by other assemblers. So the trick is:
- Assemble the player/music with Rasm (this gives a binary and a symbol file)
- Use Disark on the binary to recreate the source, without all the bothersome macros!
After a Nintendo DS version in 2011, Alekmaul has updated his Sega Megadrive version of Rick Dangerous II initially released in 2018.
CeD a gagné la première place pour un graphique lors d'un concours sur un groupe Facebook : Amstrad CPC pour toujours and beyond !.
- Many graphics improvement, including even more space for the pattern viewer.
- Midi in: plug your keyboard and have fun!
- Midi import: import your Midi songs.
- New AKM (minimalist) player: more compact and powerful than the Lightweight!
- Source converter: convert the music and player source to any assembler (winape, sdcc, pasmo, vasm, etc.) automatically, thanks to Disark, a new tool (for which I'll create a new thread...)!
- ROM players: by setting a flag, the players will not use auto-modification anymore, but a small buffer to put in RAM, whereas the player itself can be put in ROM.
- Support for specific hardware:
- PlayCity (9 channels)
- Spectrum Turbosound (6 channels)
- SpectrumNext (9 channels)
- MSX Darky (6 channels)
- MSX FPGA (6 channels)
- ... and many other improvements
Batman Group has made the buzz with a teaser of a racing game : Vespertino. There will be a lite disk version but on a CPC 464 you will need more memory. The real version will be on a cartridge for all CPC (so it's not a CPC+ cartridge) to be able to hold all the assets of the game. It will be like the Repoker de Ases cartridge which holds 4Mhz games.
Personnally, I was much impressed by the 3D rotation of the car, a nice effect.
Xyphoe has made a video in reaction of this teaser.
The firmware v1.0.4 of the Imperium Solo by Duke is available. It's an adaptator to use USB joysticks (PS4, Xbox One...) on a standard joystick port of an Amstrad CPC (and later ZX Spectrum, C64, Amiga and Atari ST).
- Added support for iNNEXT SNES WIRELESS
- Added support for Microsoft XBOX 360 Wired
- Added support for Power A Batarang Wired Controller
CPC Game Reviews has 6 new reviews.