To load an Amstrad CPC tape (or a ZX Spectrum one), you can use the old method : using a tape player. Or you can do it like a geek and use Android phone with tapDancer Virtual Datasette, but it's still a bit low tech. So for the geeks used to the HxC floppy emulator or the Gothek USB, you can use the TZX Duino.
Archives of Genesis8 Amstrad Page from 1999 to 2017 about emulator
New version of the Amstrad CPC core for MiST by Renaud Helias is available. : robustness (quality of code).
And now he is working on an enhanced abbey of the crime version for Amstrad PCW.
Arnold build 20170513 is the new version of the Amstrad CPC emulator by Kevin Thacker.
Caprice Forever v2017-5 by Frédéric Coste is a modified version of the Caprice emulator (by Ulrich Doewich) for windows.
- Add cheat script keywords
- Fix FastFDC crashes when trying to read multi-sided disk image
- Play CSW tape images
- Convert WAV to CSW tape images (see Hints)
- Fix game controller detection issues (Xbox 360)
- Fix FDC write sector issues
- Fix FDC read sector regression (Dimension6)
- Use « Keep original aspect ratio » option for fullscreen display
- Add PlayCity audio channels
- Fix minor bugs
New version of the Amstrad CPC core for MiST by Renaud Helias is available. : TV mode with border and screen well centered.
SAMdisk v3.8.10 by Simon Owen is out since the 18th December.
The utility supports transfers between floppy disks and disk images, and is designed to work with almost any soft-sectored disk format compatible with the PC floppy controller, including some copy-protected formats.
Low-level floppy device access requires the fdrawcmd.sys driver to be installed.
- added read and write support .qdos (QL) disk images
- added --irregular option for blind output image if first track isn't regular
- added --fill to set filler byte for regular formats
- fixed setting perpendicular mode for 1Mbps data rate
- fixed reading directly to single-sided formats from a:/b:
- fixed short data indicator showing on no-data sectors
- fixed raw output not using source format fill byte for missing sectors
- changed raw output to allow blank head 1 to mirror head 0 format
There is also a Samdisk 4.0 beta version on github for windows, linux and MacOS.
A new version of the Caprice32 emulator by Colin Pitrat is available.
Fourth version of the CSW2CDT tool suite, which is a set of three programs whose main purpose is the encoding of computer tapes used in the Sinclair ZX and the Amstrad CPC.
Caprice Forever v2017-3 by Frédéric Coste is a modified version of the Caprice emulator (by Ulrich Doewich) for windows.
- Preliminary SNR session playback
- Insert Caprice32 FDC engine as fast FDC
- Add support for DualShock 4 wireless controller
- Preliminary text rendering for DMP2160 Dot Matrix Printer
- Add scripts to help entering cheat modes
- Add keyboard clash phenomenon (« Ghosts » keys)
- Add CPC 664 french machine (different hardware keyboard than UK)
- Add recent disk images list
- Add favourite disk images list
- Add display option to keep fullscreen for next session
- Use custom patterns for scanlines (see Hints)
- Add option to never update disk images
- Fix minor bugs
New version of the Amstrad CPC core for MiST by Renaud Helias is available.
- TV mode using VSYNC/HSYNC xor and Gerald VSYNC/HSYNC width formula
- This version was realised with atari forum team, testing several experimental forks
- It does output 15kHz original signal on SCART. Do use mist.ini scandoubler_disable=1 (see http://github.com/mist-devel/mist-board/wiki/DocIni)
- sorry FDC work will be for a next time : my r005.8.15 candidate version does fail 80% of arnoldemu FDC testbench...
Gnarz's modification features :
- removed the vgalib and terminal versions
- made the gtk version compile with GTK+ 2.0
- made the sdl version compile with SDL2
- made the menu key available on modern keyboards emulate the NCs menu key
- changed the serial port emulation to allow it to use devices other than stdin/stdout. For example, the command socat -d -d PTY,raw,echo=0 PTY,raw,echo=0 creates a nice serial device emulator, whose ends are output by the command. You can specify the open end with -s, and use the other end with cat or sx or what have you... stdin/stdout is still available by passing - as an arg to -s
- some cleanups in the Makefile
- added ncconvert
Colin Pitrat is the author of a port of the Amstrad CPC emulator Caprice32 initially programmed by par Ulrich Doewich.
Caprice32 features :
- Complete emulation of CPC464, CPC664 and CPC6128
- Mostly working support of Plus Range: CPC464+/CPC6128+/GX4000 (missing vectored & DMA interrupts, analog joysticks and 8 bit printer)
- Joystick support - it can be fully used with joystick only, thanks to an integrated virtual keyboard.
- Joystick emulation - joystick-only games can be played using the keyboard
- English, French or Spanish keyboards
- DSK and IPF files for disks - VOC and CDT files for tapes - CPR files for cartridge
- Snapshots (SNA files)
- Direct load of ZIP files (all formats except IPF)
- Custom disk formats
- Printer support
- Memory tool to inspect and modify memory (peek and poke)
- Experimental support of Multiface 2 (you should prefer using memory tool)
- Text mode graphics (using aalib or libcaca)
For more news, Go to home page