Archives of Genesis8 Amstrad Page from 1999 to 2019 about game, page 36 / 37
GameBase is an Open Source "Emulator Frontend", released under the GNU General Public Licence. It is a program that attempts to make running games on various emulators very easy, so that you don't have to remember lots of command line parameters and config settings. GameBase is the Official Frontend for the GB64 Collection of C64 games. It manages games, music, docs, screenshots and more
There is of course a GameBase CPC maintained by Loïc Daneels. He is adding .YM music, screenshots, scans of package and documentation.
I found Retro Still Alive on GameBase CPC, you will find 47 reviews of Amstrad games there (french only though).
Color Lines is a G.P.A. reflexion game yet to be released. But you can download its toolkit to add your own graphic skin to the future release.
There is a nice remake of Knight Lore for MSX2 created by Manuel Pazos (Guillian) and Daniel Celemín (LordFred). This remake features :
- Different palettes for day and night
- In game map that shows the player location, visited rooms and objects location
- Improved music (adding some reverb)
- Torch animation (can be disabled by pressing ESC while booting the game)
- Bug fixing of the original game
- Intro scroll showing the 'Mist tunes'
- On turbo R, the R800 is enabled to prevent slowdowns
Go on the RetroWorks website to get this remake and more :
- The game ROM (48K)
- A full game map using screenshots of this new version
- A user manual in PDF format
- Packing designs (cartridge label and box)
You can see a video of this Knight Lore remake on Youtube.
For more news, Go to home page