Archives of Genesis8 Amstrad Page from 1999 to 2020 about web site
To make so beautiful Amstrad CPC loading screens like Eric Cubizolle (Titan), it's easy, you just need to use the same painting program : Multipaint by Tero Heikkinen AKA Dr. Terrorz, and maybe a bit of talent and mostly a lot of work.
Titan is describing Multipaint as a mmix of OCP Art Studio and Deluxe Paint for windows which offers the possibility of using the resolutions and palettes of a whole bunch of old computers including the Amstrad CPC (mode 0 and 1, overscan possible in mode 0).
Two videos presenting Multipaint (beware they are both from four years ago, so not about the latest version and features) :
An interesting interview of Christian BALLANDRAS (co-writer on the RPG game Mandragore) done by BDCIRON is available on AMSnews.
If there is someone who did a lot for the Amstrad computers, it's Frédéric BELLEC whose web site ACME is a reference.
Todays he is needing our help to replace his A4 scanner which is not well suited for scanning items bigger than A4. He wants to buy an A3 scanner whose model he choosed and you can participate to buy it on Leetchi (63 days left to participate).
Doh sorry for tonight but copy/paste the french text (hit the french flag up there to the right) in google translate if the photo below make you drool. Will try to translate it myself tomorrow, sorry.
To make it short, there are 7 models of the protection :
- french, english and spanish CPC 464 (472 for the spanish one)
- french and english CPC 664 (there is no Azerty 664, so the difference is just on the disk drive, both keyboards are Qwerty)
- french and english CPC 6128
Price is 17 &euros; including shipping for France and 20 &euros; for Spain (shipping included too). For any other international shipping, contact him first.
Included in the packaging :
- protection folded in its sealed cellophane
- documentation for washing and ironing
- protective bubble envelope
- shipping with tracking number
- a small gift to boost your happiness
For ordering, you must :
1) payment with Paypal of the good amount (number of order x price : 17 or 20) to fredisland at acpc dot me. You cant ask to reserve for later.
2) at the same time you pay on Papyal, you can leave a message, it's really important as you must leave your postal address, which protection you want and how many, or send these informations as a private message on Facebook or by email.
Frédéric will confirm your order (by PM or email) that your order will be processed (well if you leaved all the needed informations). As his original message was in August and as he has now the protections in stock, shipping should be quick but don't forget he is a one man show not Amazon, sometimes humans needs to eat, sleep, work too (Genesis8bit opinion, not a translation of Frédéric's words).
AMSnews is a new Amstrad news web site, which is open since the 4th September. Competition is welcome.
AMSnews is looking for help, but to be honest me also as this site is a one man show since the start.
It's an interview of Super Sylvestre himself that you will find on his site les Sucres en Morceaux, which should have been published somewhere else but wasn't finally.
Super Sylvestre wrote a new article (in french), this time about cars and Amstrad CPC, not an usual one.
New articles has been added lately on Amstrad Noob's which I recommand to read to fight the current heat...
In 2001 a limited licence for using CP/M was given to Tim Olstead (The Unofficial CP/M Web site) by Bryan Sparks who was (and still is) CEO of Lineo (successor of Caldera).
This licence has been clarified by Brian Sparks, CP/M is now clearly under an open source licence.
You will find more informations about CP/M on John Elliott's web page.
For more news, Go to home page